Welcome to Bula Vista!
Featuring some of the most spectacular views in Savusavu, our 2 breezy and comfortable cottages have a rustic simplicity and modern sensibility.Enjoy our self-catering cottages (or bures as they are known here!) with seasonal edible bountiful garden produce and private but close proximity to Savusavu town.
Bula Vista is a unique holiday rental in Fiji on the beautiful and unspoilt northern island of Vanua Levu. We have a stunning view of the Savusavu Harbour, and its great to watch the boats coming and going and the weather moving across the sky, as well as the superb sunsets.The accommodation has been designed to be low tech and very simple but extremely comfortable and relaxing.We have a main Container Cabin and a second Boat Shed Bure room which sleeps 2 either as a queen or configured as 2 single beds. We also can provide a single blow up mattress for an additional child.
- Relaxing and quiet
- Eco friendly with all the modern conveniences
- Great local markets to prepare food yourself or excellent local restaurant options
- The views are stunning
- The free WIFI works great up on the hill
From both rooms, you will enjoy stunning views of the Savusavu Harbour, a real Fijian style outdoor living experience. We have a modern bathroom facility, ocean breeze cooling, and comfortable bed and linens.
We have designed this location as a place you can relax and really enjoy the real Fiji. Our garden is designed with the idea of giving guests the opportunity to pick their own fruit for breakfast if they desire. In season, pineapples, mangos, papayas, bananas, limes, passion fruit, lemons, lemon grass as well as low growing coconut trees provide a great opportunity to eat really fresh and fragrant tropical fruit grown with organic techniques.
This self-contained accommodation is minutes from Savusavu town - a FJD$3.50 taxi ride and also very handy to the airport about 2 kilometres away. Beaches, snorkeling and adventure activities are also very close.
You will be met at the airport, ferry or bus station in Savusavu when you arrive, and if you require a pick up (please advise), this is also included in your rate.
We provide :
- Free 4G WIFI
- Linens, towels, cooking implements etc.
- Locally sourced, coconut based, deluxe toiletries are provided.
- Excellent water pressure with toilet and tiled shower with all the water passing through a 4 stage filtration system from the pump so is drinkable without boiling.
- Water is sourced primarily from the roof.We hold 27,000 litres on the property.
- Diversions for rainy days are provided with a DVD player & DVD's as well as a collection of books and games.
- We have a list of taxis and other contacts.
- There is accommodation for 2 persons (and a young child) in the container cabin, with a second room in the boat shed for a further two persons (twin or queen configuration).
Eat, drink and play:
- Excellent casual restaurants such as Surf and Turf, and the Captain’s Table, The Wok for excellent Chinese and the charming yacht club based in The Copra Shed – the Savusavu Yacht Club - as well as The Wai Tui Marina which both have waterfront bars and eateries.
- There is also the Planter's Club which was established by some of the earlier colonial copra plantation owners.
- Boat and inland tours of various kinds - village, waterfall, kayaking, diving, snorkeling, golf and hiking.
- Rental cars and scooters, There is a full compendium of local contacts and other important information inside the cabin.
- There is a great local market, several banks, ATMs and supermarkets as well as a post office and ships chandler.
- Great internet and cell phone coverage on site and also several internet cafes in town as well.
About 300 yachts a year come through here and the town is home to many interesting locals and expats.
Welcome to Bula Vista! We look forward to hosting you soon and showing you the real Fiji!
Contact: info at bulavista.com